GLOBUS 2018: Pacific Coast Adventure (AQ)
9 days from Seattle to San Francisco
A sampling of Seattle, the beautiful Oregon coast, and San Francisco make this magnificent journey along the Pacific Coast one you'll remember. Start your Pacific Coast tour in charming Seattle, end in San Francisco, and overnight also in Portland, Newport, Coos Bay, and Eureka. Sightseeing in Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco includes the must-see sights, such as a visit to Seattle's Space Needle for spectacular views of the city and Portland's International Rose Test Gardens, the largest rose garden in Portland. Enjoy some of the spectacular scenery waiting in Oregon, including Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, with wind-sculpted sand dunes stretching 500 feet above sea level; the beautiful Multnomah Falls; and the many majestic views and scenic lighthouses along the Oregon Coast. Also experience a cruise on Oregon's scenic Rogue River. Follow the path just as Rogue River pioneers have done since 1895, when road access did not exist. You'll also have the chance to experience wildlife, pristine wilderness and fascinating mail boat history. Another out-of-the-ordinary adventure Globus has arranged is a traditional Coquille Indian salmon bake. In California, view the world's tallest trees in spectacular Redwood National Park and along Avenue of the Giants, a quiet 2-lane road that winds through some of the world's most spectacular scenery with ancient redwood trees. You'll even have the opportunity to see a 1,800-year-old redwood!From its vibrant cities to its spectacular scenery, this Pacific Coast tour is sure to delight all of your senses!
Call (941) 745-1880 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884749
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Seattle||Welcome to the Emerald City! At 6:30 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Seattle||This morning begins with a visit to the [LF] FUTURE OF FLIGHT AVIATION CENTER for a tour of the Boeing Factory and past, present, and future developments in aviation technology. Then, return to Seattle for a guided tour including the Pike Place Market, a local shopping mecca; Pioneer Square, Seattle's original downtown; and a trip up the SPACE NEEDLE for spectacular views of the city below. This evening is at leisure in Seattle. Maybe visit Starbucks' first coffee shop, Seattle Center, or the Seattle Art Museum, with one of the nation's premier collections of Northwest Coast Indian art and artifacts. (B)|
|Day 3||Portland||Travel south this morning, possibly capturing your first glimpse of Mount Rainier, a towering ice-clad volcano. Then, head for world-famous Mount St. Helens as you journey to the VOLCANO VISITOR'S CENTER. Here, you'll have an opportunity to learn about the dramatic eruption in 1980. On to Portland, known as the 'City of Roses.' Visit WASHINGTON PARK, home of the INTERNATIONAL ROSE TEST GARDENS, followed by a city sightseeing tour. This evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Newport||This morning, head out of the city to beautiful MULTNOMAH FALLS. Continue along the rugged Pacific coastline en route to Newport, one of Oregon's most popular seaside resorts. (B)|
|Day 5||Coos Bay||As you travel down the coast today, see popular sites such as Heceta Head Lighthouse and Florence Old Town. Arrive at the OREGON DUNES NATIONAL RECREATION AREA, where you'll have time to explore some of the largest coastal sand dunes in the country. Tonight, enjoy a traditional Coquille Indian [LF] SALMON BAKE and learn some tribal history while savoring a delicious dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Eureka||This morning, head south to Bandon-by-the-Sea with its unique offshore rock formations. Next, on to one of Oregon's great natural treasures, the scenic Rogue River. In Gold Beach, experience a thrilling ride through this wild and remote region by [LF] JETBOAT, and be sure to have your camera ready for glimpses of the American bald eagle! Continue along the Pacific coastline and stop in REDWOOD NATIONAL PARK, home to the world's tallest trees. Then, enter Eureka, California's lumber center, where you will pass by the grand Carson Mansion-the most photographed example of Victorian architecture in the world and once the home of a West Coast lumber baron. (B,D)|
|Day 7||San Francisco||This morning, travel along the spectacular Avenue of the Giants, a quiet 2-lane road that winds through some of the world's most spectacular scenery with ancient redwood trees. You will have the chance to see an 1,800-year-old redwood here! Continue to the 'City by the Bay,' San Francisco, for a 2-night stay. (B)|
|Day 8||San Francisco||On our included sightseeing tour, see Golden Gate National Recreation area, including the Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio. Also, see Twin Peaks, Fisherman's Wharf, and much more. Tonight, your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner. Wonderful conversation and cuisine make the perfect finale to your vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 9||San Francisco||The tour ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers are provided to San Francisco International Airport. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $895Triple Room Reduction per person:$180Extra Nights per person in Seattle:in single room $308; in twin room $173; in triple room $136Extra Nights per person in San Francisco:in single room $304; in twin room $178; in triple room $141
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).